Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Last night I got to see one of my favorite bands, Radiohead, live at the Verizon Amphitheater. While there, I saw many disenfranchised youth with ponytails wearing woolen beanies in 85 degree weather drinking $4 bottles of water. The disenfranshised youth of America and their conspicuous consumption are my favorites. Before we left for the concert we had our Friday Night Freestyle for teens out on the water. Six kids got together with Fergus and Daniel to throwdown on some of our new features. Having folks gather around to watch our future shredders was a favorite moment. One of my favorite people from the whitewater industry is here this weekend. Anna Levesque is teaching women's clinics today and tomorrow. Introducing women to the sport of whitewater kayaking is definitely one of my favorite things. Successfully throwing loops, smiling people completing their first trip down the comp channel, being serenaded with Stevie Wonder songs by a handsome man, having a splash of bailey's in my coffee on a day with nothing to do, paddling with friends who make you laugh, hiking the trails at the Center, pushing my skill set on challenging creeks, the look of excitement when someone rolls for the first time; these are a few of my favorite things. Summer is here and I hope each one of you is experiencing, discovering and creating your favorite things.