Saturday, July 26, 2008

What's Next? Where Do We Go From Here?

Does anyone remember when we looked like this?
I do.
Having just celebrated my two year anniversary with the US National Whitewater Center I remember having my interview at a pizza place downtown and then driving to the construction site to get a visual of what was yet to come. I have to admit, when I was being walked around having the vision of raft and kayak operations explained to me I had no idea how it was all supposed to work. I couldn't really picture how we were to get so many people in and out of trip talks, getting the rafts down the main channels and having a process for private kayakers at the same time.

Now, just about every day looks like this. Hundreds, and on the weekends thousands, of folks are getting on the course each day enjoying the rapids and the challenges of the world's largest artificial whitewater river.


Now, our greatest focus is on how do we continue to develop top notch programs that keep people in the sport, learning, growing and having fun. With hundreds of kids having gone through our kayak program, and a ga-zillion adults having learned to paddle here, we will soon be offering more kids programs, a paddling club and intermediate packages to keep folks coming back, continuing their paddling education and creating positive social environments centered around whitewater. Stay tuned to what's around the corner and remember to take it outside.